myucel

myucel

Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell

The book island of the blue dolphins by Scott O dell is about a girl named Karana and her brother Ramo are left behind on the island. What had happen was the village was being threatened by the Aleuts .The Aleuts and the village had a war and many people died.So did Karana's and Ramo's dad died which was the chief so they were all alone.When the war was over the villagers left because they thought the Aleuts will come back.But when they left Karana and Ramo behind with no water food supply.For the most part they searched around the island and they survived out of nature.

This story connected to me because if i ever need something and cant find it . I will depend on nature. An example of this is the time when my mom went to my aunts house and didn't leave us any food . So me and my sisters went to the kitchen and ate pre made food . This is connected to the story because i depended on other things when i cant get something.

I would recommend this book to people that like to read .This book would teach them how to be dependent and responsible .People that like to learn about different cultures would like this book because the book shares about Indian lives and how their environment is.